There was a recent discussion about morning routines, so I decided to share mine here:
- Wake up. I have a different schedule every day, so wake up time is usually somewhere between 7 am and 9 am.
- Switch alarm clock off and stay in bed for a minute or two, making sure I won’t forget what I was dreaming about.
- Get up and switch laptop on.
- Make coffee (one sugar, lots of milk).
- Write down the dream I had (if I can remember it).
- Drink coffee while checking for new e-mails and then facebook and different blogs, forums and other pages for news, mainly stuff related to magic or politics, as well as anything else that seems interesting or important.
- Morning practice: 9 Cleansing Breaths, Pillar and Spheres, some stretching combined with moving energy in different channels. Some kind of Inner Heat practice (usually Fire Breathing). Invoke the elements and what I want to bring into my world, setting my intentions for the day. Offerings (usually glass of water and some incense), done inside, mainly to spirits that mostly come out in the morning.
- Get dressed and head out while listing a minimum of 5 things I’m grateful for.